Letting Agents & Landlord Pest Control
Pest Management For Rented Properties
Bio Active Pest Control provide letting agent and landlord pest control solutions, as well as letting managers, estate agents and Housing Associations in London. We can directly communicate and work directly with the tenant to save you time and work. Our comprehensive report will cover the status of the pest treatment and also the condition of the property. The pest control contracts will be tailored to suit all pest control needs of the rented property.
Treatment, Safety & Standards
We treat rented accommodations for rodents, mice, rats, bed bugs, wasps, fleas, squirrels, cockroaches, and many other pests. All pesticides are used under COSHH guidelines and if any children or pets are present, advice will be given of any precautions required. Health and safety data is provided on the back of our written reports.
Google Trusted - 4.8 Review Rating
Dealing With An Infestation
Pests and vermin can be a health and safety hazard for the tenets. A landlord pest control strategy and management program may be required. Based on Citizens Advice Organisation responsibility for dealing with an infestation depends on few factors such as:
- If there’s anything about pest control in the tenancy agreement, or
- if the home was infested before the tenant moved in, or
- if the problem is being caused or made worse by disrepair, or
- if something that you’ve done or haven’t done has led to the problem.
Tenant & Landlord Pest Control responsibilities
Tenant Pest Control Responsibilities:
- If your tenancy agreement says that the tenant is responsible, then please inform your landlord or letting agent and contact us. We will work with you and your landlord to treat the pest problems.
- If your tenancy agreement says that landlord pest control and management is required, then tenants should report the problems to the landlord or the letting manager as soon as possible in person or by phone or text. You should also write to them or email them to confirm the details. Keep a record of letters, calls, texts or emails between you and your landlord.
Landlord Pest Control Responsibilities:
- Once the infestation is reported by tenants then the landlord or letting agent is responsible for:
- Fixing holes in the wall or floor that allow rats, mice or other pests to enter.
- Dealing with the with infestations of pests and vermin
Additional Notes For Landlords & Tenants:
- If accommodation is furnished & rented and the problem with pests or vermin was there when the tenant moved in, it’s likely that the landlord is responsible for dealing with pest infestation. The landlord needs to ensure that the rented home is fit to be lived in on the day they let it. If the rented home was let unfurnished, this doesn’t apply to the landlord.
- If there’s disrepair in the rented home that’s either causing a problem with pests and vermin or is making a problem worse, it’s likely that the landlord is responsible for dealing with the pest infestation as part of the repair work.